Vegan Caviar!

>> Tuesday, October 9, 2012













Ingredients

Mini Pancakes (I used Aunt Jemima pancake mix with Ener-G-Egg replacer)
Lemon juice
Vegan "Better Than Sour Cream" 
Caviart Vegan Caviar
lemon zest



Vegan Cuts, a new discount site for vegan products, asked me if I would be interested in experimenting
with a product they're offering right now called "Caviart". IT'S A VEGAN CAVIAR! Obvi I said yes. They sent me three different kinds: Black, Orange, and Wasabi. The black caviar was the most mild-tasting and probably my favorite.



I should mention that I've never actually had caviar before, but my grandmother claims they tasted pretty much just like caviar, minus the fishiness. Regardless, it's just a fun, impressive little treat to whip out when you're entertaining. If you're intimidated, don't be! I served them on mini pancakes with a lemon sour cream. It might even be one of my easiest recipes. For real!

Just make mini pancakes like this:

 Let them cool. Then mix sour cream with fresh lemon juice. Top your cakes with the lemony sour cream, then Caviart, and finally some lemon zest to garnish.





 That's it!

I bet this would be really cool on top of sushi too! If you're interested in Caviart, check out the deal Vegan Cuts has going on here.








2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM  

Ok, must get hands on vegan caviar. Never had caviar pre-vegan, but I am so curious now. It looks very elegant and tasty!

Chris Dickerson October 9, 2012 at 8:36 PM  

Looks wicked!

I tried that egg replacement once.. you have to be a magician to get that stuff to work!

I found ground flaxseed to work much better for me. Makes for some interesting dishes sometimes. :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP